Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Manali Trip : Redux

After posting the previous post I had it put in my Yahoo IM. To my surprise, I got some comments and even some personal messages about it. The first thing my good friend Srinath asked was 'Haven't you blogged about the Manali Trip?'. Thats when I realized that I forgot to blog on something that was one of the best things that happened to me. Why do we go out and enjoy for a while ? Escape from the normal life, seeing new places, exploring new horizons, meeting new people, making more friends, and understanding that even though we have a hectic schedule we are capable of enjoying those simple things in life. Thats what this trip gave me. The chance to look life from a whole different perspective. And I like the new me.

I do not intend to write but to point out some things that made this trip great.
  • It was damn cold there and I practically froze my a** .
  • All the people (7 of them excluding me) were great and I tried to connect to them. Sharing ideas, laughs, displeasures and all those kind of feelings actually made us close. And for once I felt I was NOT a non Hindi speaker.
  • Those people in those skis fell so much times that after some time it stopped being funny.
  • We up to the topmost point of a mountain. My feel got numb, when coming down my hands and budd got numb too. But it was a great feat. We (Me Arora and Vineet) pissed on top of the hill and had some solid OLD MONK.
  • Manikaran changed my perspective towards Sikhs. I loved the place. Not because it had hot springs. But because the service that they do to the people who come there and have food. The idea of you also a part of this and you are entitled to play your part in it by serving the people who come there. I also appreciate Swati to be doing the Seva. Gitesh and me helped those people move some huge jars and that felt great !
  • For those cold nights and the comfortable Rajai.
  • Dumb Cherades. It was crazy stuff from my team (Sardar, Swati, Arora) , but was great in a wierd kind of way.
  • The park trekking, crossing the river, stepping on shit .. the list continues
But the feeling of being in a group is something that you will not get unless and until you participate. Thanks and enjoy the pics posted in Google Picasa. A slide show will be on your left hand side.

No comments: