Saturday, August 30, 2008

Travel On !

Its been some time since I have posted. I had some work to do, never leave the stuff that feeds you, and we had also a petty good trip to Jaipur. Sam, Jacob, Amit, Vivek, Abhilash and his two brothers also with some cousins of his started the onward journey to Jaipur on friday night. Amit drove his car where as Abhilash too his Santro. The ride was a mind boggling 300 odd kilometers but Amit chose to drive his Honda City all the way. I would have preferred the bike ride as it would have been adventurous like the Mukteshwar trip we had.

The Pink City was awesome ! The old buildings, the palaces were awesome. Chokhi Dhani was also great. To see all those ethnic craftsmanship, the delightful Rajasthani Food, especially Dal Bhatti, were excellent. We took a hell lot of pics, had lots of liquids as it was very humid. We managed to find a great hotel near Chokhi Dhani and stayed there for 2 days in whole. We managed to see Amer, Jaipur forts. We went through the straightest and best road ever while going to Ajmer. We visited the Ajmer Sharif and Pushkar as well. These religious places did not seem to be religious or pious to me in any way as the people there were more concerned about the money they got from the tourists rather than the sanctity of the place. This was disgraceful and discerning according to me.

I am due to travel home and spend some quality time with family starting the 5th of September and I am thrilled about that. Its been some time since I went home and I intend to have nice fish dishes this time around. Lets see how that goes.

1 comment:

Tour D Rajasthan said...

Thanks for sharing your trip details..
Tour to Rajasthan