Monday, November 17, 2008

Nostalgia Creeps

This weekend was supposed to be a quiet and boring one but ended up being a one which had a nostalgic value. On Saturday Gitesh wanted to get his Admittance Form for the CAT and he had to go to a school to get it. I joined him as I had nothing to do. He went on and stood in a queue and it reminded me of the first time I stepped into the National Institute of Technology campus in Calicut. I never gave attention to attire generally. The day i went to give the test (thanks to Franki I came to know about the test) I went pretty much with an old pair of pants, a T-shirt, a pair of slippers and an umbrella that I got when I was doing my 8th.

Those menacing, but wonderful, seniors where all around trying to sniff the young blood that came to the campus. There were many guys and gals for the exam including Franki, Shanker, Linto, Teddy, Sony, Riji, Rakhy, Shiji and Ranjna. I went into the room for the test and attempted only questions I knew as there were negative points involved. After the test I got a glimpse of a paper of a guy who was extremely well dressed and seems very organized. He had attempted the whole paper. That's when I thought about the chances I had with the institute. I had no hope that I was going to get through. Even thought I had wasted the money in applying.

Ranjna then called me up after the results came and told me I had go through with a 12th rank. I did not believe her the first time but was astonished when I saw the results myself. To tell the truth, I was proud of myself and happy that I made my parents proud. Hey I even overtook Franki who I believe is the best in technology and learning.

No comments: