Friday, March 14, 2008

Hectic Schedule

The last 2 days just took the juice from me. After the Workstreamr 0.1 iteration, the focus was towards getting the initial page in html just right. I am a great believer in doing things accurately the first time around so that even if there are changes we would have to do a lot of them. The usage of only divs as the components were one of them. And Joydeep found it very hard to design the html in that way. We fixed a lot of issues, including the floating divs, the problems with the 'IE' engine. And the result looks great. It has all the ingredients which makes a great web application.

The developers in Workstreamr have also done a great job. To look at a working product, even though it has not finished, is a great sight. The processes followed, which by the way I never followed before, is great. Its a little tedious, but worth the time. I still have to get used to logging my work !! Javascript is the core area in this project and I feel the Object Oriented aspects of Javascript should be implemented more consistently.

But the new role, even if the 'official role' does not change works great for me. I like to visualize stuff and thats what I am doing here. Suggesting ideas, listening to new stuff and trying to implement them. For me it doesn't matter if I log work because I develop anyway and the people I talk to know what I am about.

We had a pizza party today and reflected on the great things that happened. Appreciated all the team members, from HR to me. I consider that this is a very important thing to do. This boosts the morale of the team members. More over it generates the feeling of oneness.

The next week would also be pretty hectic as the html has to go in for integration along with other stuff. The rest of the html must be implemented. Javascript must be written. I dont know how Abhijat, Abhilash and Rohan do it !! Kudos to them.

No comments: