Friday, June 27, 2008

Second Anniversary

Today I am 2 years old in my company, GlobalLogic. It has been a ride which had its ups and downs. Some factors are great and some stuff I just hate. I remember the first time I came to Noida, not knowing how I would even come into terms with the culture, weather, food and all the other oddities. I had my primary education from Kerala all my life after returning from Dubai and coming to North India was a unique experience.

The team here was excellent. Wonderful people with great insight and knowledge. The learning curve was certainly steep. I started out with some Ruby first. Playing with Watir and then learing a bit of Rails. Then came the Java part. Learning Java was the best thing that happened to me. After avoiding Java completely during the studies, I was forced to learn Java. Reading those great books about the Design Patterns and understanding the vastness of Java was great. I even dug into Spring, Hibernate, JSP and stuff !! :) . But all was good. I went on to doing some boring stuff after that, mainly concentrating on Jira. Some .NET also came by the way, but I was never a Microsoft Fan (I even bought a Mac avoiding the 'crappy' Windows).

Core Ruby On Rails came after that. Along with that came a great team. One which materialized the saying 'Work hard, Party Harder !'. I even gained the confidence to speak in Hindi !! Stuttle badminton, Carroms, Table Tennis, Alchohol .. You name it we did it.

The work was a little wayward. I guess that comes with the job. There is bound to be ups and downs and I try to cope up with them as much as I can. I have developed a sort of evaluating skill that I guess I did not have before. Even in estimating stuff, I think I do better now a days.

The trips that I have taken were awesome. We went to Mukhteshwar, Vaishov Devi, Kulu Manali etc. And they were all excellent. I got to meet and make a lot of friends. I never had these many Northie friends before.

It has been a very eventful ride and hope the ride gets faster.

No comments: