Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Phew - Learning is hard

The last month had a learning curve to it. I had to learn and understand quite a bit of stuff. General http was one. These interview sessions require that you have the basic knowledge of stuff. The web is some thing that I thought I was comfortable with, but the sessions proved me wrong.

Javascript was some thing that I studied. I have used normal Javascript functions but not to the level as Closures. "Everyone uses closures, knowingly and unknowingly" was the statement of a friend of mine. Cross Side Scripting was another thing that I understood.

What are Sessions ? What are Cookies ? What are the different types of Cookies ? What do you do to maintain Sessions if Cookies are not accepted by your browser ? What is the access policy for a Cookie ?

Alternate Ajax techniques was also another topic that I went through. What happens if the Javascript in the browser is deactivated ? What is Accessibility and whats its importance ? What is Reverse Ajax ? Polling and Pushing ? What are iFrames used for and what are its disadvantages ? Whats JSONP ? What are the security issues ?

What are Javascript Events and how do you handle Cross Browser Event Handling problems ? What is Capturing and Bubbling ?

Why are CSS said to be Cascading ? What is the priority set by the CSS selectors ?

How would you improve the performance of a page ? What are Http Caches ? What are the Http Status Codes ? How would I track errors if accessed using Ajax ?

Why do I use Doctypes ? What are Semantic Markups used for ?

What is a Proxy ? What is a Reverse Proxy ?

Theres a vast array of questions but these troubled me a lot lately.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great, Its really useful for those who are eager to Web Technology, Absolutely, Fantasctic