Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Busy Week

The past week (or rather 2 weeks ) was tedious. Work was at its best not letting any time for the poor worker. Stowe Boyd was here in Delhi, were he talked about his visions and ideas for his new baby 'Workstreamr'. To say the least I was taken aback by his eloquence. He was stern with what he wanted but was open to new ideas as well. His short (or rather long) speeches he gave were absolutely great. Of all the people I have heard speaking, he attracts and keeps his listeners interested.

He talked about the concepts that he wanted, his visions on how the product would look like and the concerns he had. He was one of those people who would sell a dime for a dollar. Persuasive is the word if the above analogy was crap. We had a great time with Ben and Sam when we zig zag -ed through those Noida Highways, without even caring the signal lights. Ben and Sam better get used to those as they are going to be here for some time now!

My role has slightly shifted from a ROR programmer to an HTML programmer (if that could be categorized as programming). Standardizing the actual interface. I have always liked JavaScript but I feel I would have more time off that those other guys now. The problem that I faced, and all those HTML guys would agree to this, is not to make HTML with great style sheets but to make them work with the ever crappy Internet Explorer. I can't figure out why IE has become the most used browser. Its as Dracula says 'You suck more than I do !!'.

No comments: