Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wirefree Net

After a long struggle, We got the net up and running at our place. It all started with Srinath getting the broadband 7-8 months ago. I had always thought of buying a wireless router than would enable the both of us to connect to the internet. After the Apple Macbook came I was keen on getting this done. The Mac Leopard updates also had to be done. I got the updates done but the wireless thingy got delayed.

Finally we got the Linksys Wireless G Router and tried to set it up. Did some things that Chetan had told me to do. Did not work. This included making the DSL Router work in a Bridged Mode. I changed the IP of the wireless router, made to accept the PPPPoE settings .. All went in vain.

Then today the airtel guy comes. Sets up the DSL router to work with an IP (192.168.0.1), sets up the wireless router to have a DHCP setting, resets the router and wallah it starts working. This makes me feel that to have some things done you will need to spend more time and effort in it as well as get advice from someone who knows what he is doing.

Thanks Airtel guy .. Didn't get your name though !!!

2 comments:

Chetan said...

Sucker, you could at least have thanked me. I gave you that damned advice on the phone. And the best part i am yet to find what is it that you have bought and running.[:X]

dineshvasudevan said...

I would like to thanks Chetan for all his support and guidance !! :)